Site Status Update: Sep 29, 2014.
Tightened up the API's security a bit.
Added functionality to update user profile and redid those calls in jQuery.
Tweaked CSS to hide the section-indicator div.
Site Status Update: Sep 6, 2014.
Merged the improved pagination system from the comicreader into the Comics section.
Redid much of the pagination JS using jQuery.
Site Status Update: Sep 4, 2014.
Sonic Underground (SONICU) episode conversion completed.
Site Status Update: Sep 3, 2014.
Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (AOSTH) episode conversion completed.
Site Status Update: Sep 1, 2014.
Merged the user profile editing function 'portrait_delete' into the API and made sure it was functional.
Noticed an issue with the thumbnailer where caching was still going on for images set to not cache. (like user ports)
Sonic The Hedgehog (SATAM) episode conversion completed.
Sonic Anime Movie (SAnime) episode conversion completed. Note that the matroska multi-audio/multi-sub has been left as-is.
Site Status Update: Aug 31, 2014.
Fixed the url-encoding bug that was preventing some comics from being downloadeable.
Finished tweaking new mp4 video codec settings due to an update of ffmpeg, significant size reduction without much loss of quality.
Tested the new codec settings, works in FF, FF Mobile, Chrome, IE, Safari, Safari (iOS 7+).
Began converting existing videos to the new format, going back to the AVI sources.
Site Status Update: Aug 29, 2014.
Merged the improved pagination system from the comicreader into the forum pages.
Site Downtime Report: Aug 12, 2014.
Due to some automated search bot trying a bunch of different invalid links, the error log on the server exploded. This caused the root disk for the server to become full, thus the database to reject any new data.
Site Status Update: Aug 3 , 2014.
Thumbnailer refactored to use in-memory copies for significant decrease in render time, and a better caching system to prevent incorrect thumbnails.
ComicReader updated to use fileheader based detection of archive type instead of extension.
Site Status Update: May 10, 2014.
Site Status Update: Mar 29, 2014.
Have been building an API to lay behind the site's functions, some of the site already uses it.
Site Status Update: Feb 02, 2014.
Sorting and cleaning mainly.
Added code to push undesirable uploaded stuff to.. other sites.
Site Status Update: Dec 04, 2013.
I'm updating this page so people know that I am actually still alive and working.
As you know, there've been some rather seismic shifts in how the site code works, some to others' delight, some to others' dismay.. I'm doing my best to satisfy everyone.
The database is running nice and smoothly, I'm working on designing out better UI though for some sections (comics mainly, that Sonic The Hedgehog comic having so many issues.. sheesh).
I have recently reworked my database code into a class, and am slowly converting existing pages to it.
For those without technical knowledge: This means it is now easier/simpler for me to do fancy things with the database. Yay.
I am thinking of adding a seperate section to the site for it's updates/changes.. though really nobody cares, I know.
Site Status Update: Early Aug, 2013.
Well, it's that time again! A few years have passed and I've over-engineered the site and gotten fed up with it again. Time to re-redo it and make it more awesome than before!
You will shortly be able to access more sections as they get re-created. Until then, each section will simply show a folder tree-view.
This time, it:
- Has been completely rewritten FROM SCRATCH. There is 0 code from the old site in this one.
- Has a redesigned menu that hides when not needed. This provides significantly more usable page space.
- Uses industry-standard login and statekeeping techniques. The old custom method was unreliable and messy.
- Uses completely validated HTML 4.01 Strict, ready for HTML5 when it is officially released.
- Uses completely validated CSS 2, ready for CSS 3 when it is officially released.
- Uses 0 deprecated inline tags, CSS will handle all layout.
- Uses MariaDB, a drop-in, high-performance replacement for MySQL, instead of my own custom flatfile database.
- Uses the PHP MySQLi functions and parameterized queries to prevent most if not all SQL Injection vectors. MySQL_ functions are deprecated by php, might as well learn the newer while designing. This was needed because unlike my flatfile db, MySQL has known vulnerabilities that are often exploited.
- Will use a captcha for registrations that actually works, reliably, unlike before.
- Will have a much more robust forum with user-created topics/etc.
- Will have better handling of the uploads folder including a permissions-based folder list. Certain people who've earned it will even be able to create new folders/etc under comics, fancontent.
- Will provide all users of the site, free cake.
- That last one might be a lie.
To Do: ([»] = started. [✓] = done.)
- [✓] Design new UI, lay down set of rules what I won't do.
- [✓] Learn MySQLi and build database schema.
- [✓] Build user database.
- [✓] Import old user database.
- [✓] Cleanup user database and ditch people inactive before 1/1/2012.
- [✓] Build, test user login/logout functions.
- [✓] Publish To Do list.
- [✓] Build, test Registration of new user accounts.
- [✓] Add, test captcha protection of Registering user accounts.
- [✓] Build, test user account management. (description, set avatar, adult status, etc)
- [✓] Users Section.
- [✓] Uploads section. So Fan4Ever is happy. =P
- [✓] Forum section posting. Communication is good. If anyone needs communication with me, click here.
- [✓] Add viewport meta tag so mobile browsers know it's ok to quit pretending to be desktop browsers.
- [✓] Add toggle to user profile that locks the menu open (like the old site).
- [✓] Work out issue with login form to browsers storing user passwords.
- [✓] Add deleting of posts to forum.
- [✓] Add editing of posts to forum.
- [✓] Add Forum Topic descriptions.
- [✓] Format Forum Topics list and add Post Counts.
- [✓] Add pagination to forum.
- [✓] Thumbnail Generator.
- [✓] Apply Thumbnail Generator to forum, user portraits, comics section.
- [✓] Comics Section.
- [✓] Shows Section.
- [✓] Links Section.
- [»] Import ancient links database.
- [»] Music Section.
- [»] Fancontent Section.
- [»] Characters Section.
- [»] Sorting Section... probably just add 'report where this belongs' links.
- [ ] Add method for users to add to Links Section.
- [ ] Add user-created topics to forum.
- [ ] Add Theming to entire site. Even allow upload of themes.
- [ ] Add auto-detection of user timezones and adjust times/dates displayed, with option to over-ride per account.
- [ ] Add lost-password system.
- [ ] Add emoticons to forum.
- [ ] Add emoticons to user profiles.
- [ ] Bake free cakes.
- [ ] Disasterously fail at Baking free cakes, send someone to a bakery for them.